.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 1 Day 1

Last night this seemed like a great idea. I spent the evening thinking of meal plans and reading blogs about losing weight the healthy way. I couldn't wait to go to sleep so I could wake up and begin my weight loss journey. I actually tossed and turned all night, I was so ready to begin I could taste it.
And therein lies the problem. My problem. I want to taste everything. I want that magical, elusive diet that allows me to eat cupcakes and ice cream. The one where my daily Sweet Tea from McDonald's fits right in. Guess that's not going to happen.
I just finished my breakfast. As I measured out my 3/4 cup of Cheerios, I stood over the kitchen counter and stared at it for a good 3 minutes. Seriously? That's it? Thinking I had made a mistake, I reread the box. Yup, 3/4 of a cup is a serving. Still unbelieving, I took my bowl into the living room to show my boyfriend. When I asked him if he thought the amount looked right to him he gave me that look. You know the one. The look that says he's thinking of packing his bags and moving to Siberia until I come to my senses and stop this dieting nonsense.
The look that says he really wants to be supportive, but this is day one, meal one and I'm already whining.
But okay. I can do this. I'm doing it for all the right reasons this time. I'm doing it to be healthy, not so I can fit into a size 5 jeans. I'm doing it because I'm 41 and sick and tired of being sick and tired.
As I poured the alotted 2 tablespoons (or whatever the ridiculous small amount is) of milk over my cereal I thought about the scale. The same scale that told me this morning that I currently weigh 210 lbs. Really? I've never weighed this much. I've always been a big girl. And by big I mean fat. But never this fat. So this is why it's time. Time to start loving myself enough to want to be healthy. Time to stop making excuses for why I need to have that cookie or cupcake or Kit Kat and to find reasons why I don't need them.
So, here goes nothing. I'm blogging my journey, good and bad, to keep myself accountable.
I have somewhat of a plan in mind, but I'm basically planning to limit my calories and incorporate exercise. I know, I know...I'm Einstein, right? I never said it was an original plan.
On the bright side, there's only 13 1/2 hours left of day one.

k

No comments:

Post a Comment